|Health & Beauty Articles
|25 Tips for a Healthy Heart
|1. Eat more of grains, vegetables, beans, greens, fruits, fish, seeds and yoghurt.
2. Eat less of milk, cheese and nuts.
3. Add garlic to your recipes.
4. Beta-carotene rich foods like carrots, cabbage, sweet potatoes and dark leafy vegetables.
5. Reduce sodium intake to no more than 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt per day.
6. Eat regular meals.
7. Drink water throughout the day.
8. Switch from coffee to tea.
9. Exercise regularly.
10. Take the stairs instead of an elevator or escalator.
11. Do housework. Take it as an extra chance to exercise.
12. Healthy weight should be maintained.
13. Quit smoking.
14. Avoid alcohol.
15. Sleep adequately.
16. Blood pressure should be monitored.
17. Cholesterol should be monitored.
18. Work schedule should be regular to avoid too much stress.
19. Practice stress-reduction techniques such as deep breathing, Yoga and meditation.
20. Laughter is a good medicine.
21. Medical check-ups should be done regularly.
22. Control diabetes.
23. Family history of cardiovascular should be known.
24. Love - give it and receive it.
25. Medication prescribed by the doctor should be taken.